click the image on the left (or click here).
Volunteer at the Troy Historic Village!
Volunteers are always welcome at the Troy Historic Village. Use your skills, make new friends, share your love of history, and join our family of Villagers. Whether you have a little or a lot of free time, there are plenty of ways to get involved. Our volunteers include adults, college students seeking experience, and high school students eager to fulfill community service. The Village also accepts some court-ordered community service volunteers.
All volunteers must be at least 14 years old or in 9th grade. Younger volunteers are welcomed on a case-by-case basis, and parents/guardians must remain on site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for younger student volunteer opportunities.
In hundreds of unique and generous acts of service, our volunteers engage the public, support operations, and preserve our resources. Here are some of the ways our Villager Volunteers bring our mission to life:
Engaging the Public:
- Front Desk Volunteers help greet guests, answer phones, and get to talk to lots of different people
- Check in guests and share program information during special events
- Facilitate a super-fun time as an activity leader (craft station lead, Egg Hunt trading post, supervise an obstacle course game, to name a few) during our annual Trick-or-Treat, Spring Egg Hunt, Cocoa and Crafts with Santa, Open Houses, and other special event programs
- Lead a company throughout our Civil War Days 8th grade programming in May each year
- Help us operate a pop-up shop full of delicious Michigan-Made maple syrup products during Maple Syrup Days in March at the Stage Nature Center
- Spend the day looking at really awesome cars while helping with registration or parking during the Troy Traffic Jam
- Share your handicraft skills during special event programming
- Help prepare field trip craft supplies or special event craft supplies at the Village or from the comfort of your own home
- Marketing and Communication specialists share expertise in promoting events via social media as well as helping distribute marketing materials to surrounding areas
- Work with office staff to help with office and administrative duties like preparing mailings, helping organize store inventory, or cleaning up data entry
- Become out-standing in the field by helping capture sponsorships or by helping building Scarecrow Row
- Help sell raffle tickets for our Summer Raffle or during the Troy Traffic Jam
- Help make the Village beautiful through seasonal decorating
Preserving Our Resources:
- Join the Tuesday Crew and help with general building and grounds maintenance like painting, small carpentry projects, helping keep the grounds clear from debris
- Assist our staff in managing our Pioneer Garden by weeding, watering, and making sure our heirlooms are well taken care of
- Join our Cleaning team to help us clean artifacts and harder to reach spaces
- Assist our Curator with research projects from the comfort of your own home
Scroll down or click here to get started on the Volunteer Application. After you fill out your volunteer application, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact to set up a brief one-hour-long orientation to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with filling out an application, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call the Village main office at 248-524-3570.
We can’t wait to meet you!