Hold your ceremony at the Troy Historic Village
The 1837 Troy Chapel provides an intimate setting for indoor wedding ceremonies. Outdoor ceremonies are held in the charming Village Green or around the Gazebo. Our wedding package reserves the Village for a one hour rehearsal prior to the event and provides access to the entire Village for up to four hours on the day of the wedding. This includes time to decorate, to assemble guests, complete the wedding ceremony and take photographs. To schedule a tour and meet with our Events Manager, call 248-524-3303.
Indoor Ceremonies in Old Troy Chapel
Built in 1837, this church chapel:
- Provides a simple traditional ambience to your wedding ceremony.
- Accommodates 110 guests on cushioned pews.
- Offers a modern sound system for recorded music or rental parties may retain musicians or reserve use of the upright piano in the church.
- Contains eight stained glass windows, primarily original and dated to circa 1900.
- Provides a stunning ambience when decorated with flowers, tulle and/or candles. Upon request, the Troy Historic Village may permit other decorations as well.
- Is heated, air-conditioned and has ADA compliant entry restrooms.
Outdoor Ceremonies on the Gazebo
The wonderfully landscaped Gazebo is perfect for outdoor ceremonies. Our Village Green can accommodate up to 200 guests. Canopies and outdoor chairs through the THV vendor are permitted, but are an additional charge. ADA compliant restrooms are available and
Where History Lives and Happily Ever After Begins…
Other Troy Historic Village features for your wedding event:
- Parking is free and two on-site parking lots accommodate 48 vehicles. Overflow parking with
access to the Village is available along Lange Street (on the north side of the Village). Arrange to
use these spaces when you book your event.
- A heated/air-conditioned room in the Parsonage is provided for the bride and her attendants
before the ceremony.
- All ten historic buildings are ADA-accessible and remain open before and following the ceremony
for wedding guests to explore and enjoy.
- A vendor referral schedule is available for bridal services (with a signed rental contract) if other
arrangements for vendors have not already been made. This includes a list of officiants available
to perform the ceremony, photographers and musicians. It is the responsibility of the rental party
to obtain and coordinate these services with the vendor and Events Manager.
- A facility attendant will remain on-site during the entire event to answer questions and provide
assistance if necessary.
- Couples may reserve the Village for photographs even if their wedding is held elsewhere. Indoor
and outdoor photos are permitted. Artifacts may not be moved or used as props, but the Troy Historic Village staff can provide some reproductions for creative poses, upon request and approval prior to the photo session date.
Payment Policy for Weddings and Wedding Photography
Reserving the Date:
To reserve your date at the Troy Historic Village for a wedding, the bridal couple or their representative must meet with the Events Manager, sign a Wedding Facility Rental Agreement and provide a $250 security deposit. Deposits may be paid by cash, check or credit card. All checks are payable to the Troy Historical Society.
Wedding Rental Payment Policies:
- For specific rental pricing, please call the Village at 248-524-3303 to speak to our Rental Manager, or complete the website form below for an email inquiry.
- Chapel/Indoor Weddings: The Chapel may be rented for a wedding. This provides the bridal party use of the site for a one hour rehearsal and up to four hours the day of the wedding. This cost cannot be prorated. The total rental fee is due 60 days before the wedding and may be paid by cash, check, or credit card, payable to the Troy Historical Society. If the Wedding Agreement is signed within 60 days of the event, both the deposit and fee are due at signing.
- Gazebo/Outdoor Weddings: If your desired wedding is an outdoor event, the Gazebo and Village may be rented for an additional fee. This includes the church as back-up in case of inclement weather and the additional scheduling and coordination required with the bridal party and vendors for rental equipment such as a canopy, chairs, sound systems, etc.
- Holiday Premiums: There is a premium fee for weddings scheduled within any three-day holiday weekend, including Easter, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, or the weekend following Thanksgiving and the five days between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Additional custodial or staff time for holiday events is charged at an hourly rate. (Please note that events are
not scheduled on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day).
- Security Deposit Return: The security deposit will be refunded after the event if no additional charges are incurred. Any custodial service or staff time (beyond the scheduled five total hours) will be charged against the deposit on an hourly basis. The rental party also assumes financial responsibility for any damages to buildings, furnishings, the grounds or artifacts, and these charges will be deducted from the deposit.
- Other Information:
- Rental parties who wish to use the Village for a longer event, or who schedule an outdoor reception, are charged an additional fee for each additional hour, including time for set-up and clean-up. Rental parties must use tents and furnishings from THV Vendors.
- The rental party forfeits the deposit and event fees if the event is cancelled within 59 days of the event.
- There are no discounts provided to those living or working in the City of Troy.
- Couples whose wedding is held elsewhere may reserve the Troy Historic Village for a photo session. Please see our Photography Rental Link for details.
General Wedding Policies:
- We ask that all guests respect the Troy Historic Village as a unique site that preserves history and heritage and refrain from eating or drinking (except water) in the buildings. The Village and
buildings are smoke and alcohol-free environments. Guests may blow bubbles outdoors, but are asked not to release balloons, throw rice, confetti, flower petals or bird seed.
- The bridal party should expect to arrive at the Village fully dressed for the wedding. The Parsonage building is used as a staging area for the brides and her attendants. If a room for dressing is preferred, the Village has a separate room in the main building for the bridal party to change. There is an additional fee for the use of this room.
- We respect your special event and therefore do not schedule multiple weddings on the same weekend so that the bridal couple can relax and enjoy their event.
For more information regarding a potential wedding and rental pricing, please call the Village at 248-524-3303 to speak with our Events Manager, or complete the form below for an email inquiry.
Wedding specific questions
Do you allow rice, confetti, flower petals or bird seed?
These items are not allowed. Guests may however, blow bubbles outside the buildings.
Do you allow receptions in the Village?
Rental parties who wish to use the Village for an outdoor reception are charged an additional hourly rate, including time for set-up and clean-up. Rental parties must use tents and furnishings from approved THV vendors.
Can you provide the names of musicians or ministers?
A list of local clergy, photographers, florists and musicians are provided to the rental party when a rental contract is signed. However, it is the responsibility of the rental party to obtain and coordinate these
What is the seating capacity of the church and why is there no center aisle?
The church accommodates 110 guests on cushioned pews, has restrooms and is heated and air-conditioned. The building was restored to its original 1837 floor plan. The Episcopal congregation did not have a center aisle.
Are dressing rooms provided for the bridal party?
Bridal parties are asked to arrive dressed for their event. The front room of the Parsonage is provided to the bride and her attendants before the ceremony but may not be used as a dressing room. Our Pioneer Room in the main building may be used for dressing for an additional fee.