Wednesdays ǀ 4:30-6:30pm ǀ Ages 16 & up
Troy Historical Society Member: $40/class or $200/6-class series
Non-Member: $45/class or $250/6-class series
Artist and art teacher Megan Swoyer guides students in using a variety of watercolor techniques to create wintry scenes featuring birds and blooms. No experience is necessary; all supplies will be provided. Scroll down to register or call 248-524-3570.
Winter Birds & Blooms Class Schedule
Please note that some of the class dates have changed from what we advertised in Troy Rec Guide and the winter Village Press. The most up-to-date schedule is below! Click the titles to see what we’re painting each week.
- January 17: Mallards’ Winter Wading amid icy waters and a wintry scene, this duck family is all about staying together. We’ll use cool blues, golden marsh colors, and snow techniques to create a wintry paradise for this floating flock of charm.
- January 24: The Great Blue Heron Slinking along amid pretty grasses, this Great Blue Heron is sure to shine in your watercolor rendition. We’ll use a mixed-media technique for the grasses, as well as wet-into-wet and wet-into-dry methods.
- January 31: Dahlia Divine We can sure use a dose of pink right about now in our Michigan winter, so let’s paint a divine dahlia in all its glory! We’ll also feature leaves, stems, and buds for this painterly showcase.
- February 7: Snowdrop Sensory Those early snowdrops that poke amid the snow sure are pretty! Use various methods to showcase these pretties and learn how to create a soft flurry of snow, too.
- February 28: Chickadee’s First Frost Chickadees stick around for winter and this one is certainly enjoying his day amid a frosty climate. We’ll use lots of techniques to bring this bird and his perch to life!
- March 6: Classy Clematis A pop of purple is glorious come January – a sight for sore eyes! Use wet-into-wet techniques and mix up beautiful purples and blues to paint this flowy, stunning beauty.
Winter Birds & Blooms classes are geared toward ages 16 and up. Have a younger watercolorist? Please reach out to our staff in advance at email@example.com to see if this class will be a good fit – or better yet, have them join us on February 6 and February 21 at 6:00 pm for our next kid-friendly classes!
Watercolor classes take place inside Niles-Barnard House on our site. If you have accessibility questions, please click here to visit our Accessibility page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
Due to the high demand and limited space in these classes, purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.