Hold your ceremony at the Troy Historic Village
The Troy Historic Village is home to lovely weddings of both intimate indoor ceremonies in Old Troy Church and beautiful outdoor ceremonies on the iconic Gazebo and Village Green. Our wedding package reserves the Village and buildings for a one hour rehearsal and for up to four hours on the wedding day. This provides time for the wedding ceremony to be completed and memories to be captured. To schedule a tour and meet with a Troy Historic Village representative, call 248-524-3571.
Indoor Ceremonies in Old Troy Church
Built in 1837, this church chapel:
- Provides a simple and traditional yet elegant ambience to your wedding ceremony.
- Accommodates 110 guests on cushioned pews.
- Offers a vintage piano and modern sound system for recorded music or rental parties may provide their own musicians if desired.
- Contains eight stained glass windows, primarily original and dated to circa 1900.
- Provides a stunning ambience when decorated with any of the following: Flowers, tulle and candles. Upon request, the Troy Historic Village may permit other decorations as well.
- Is heated, air-conditioned and has ADA compliant entry restrooms.
Outdoor Ceremonies on the Gazebo
The wonderfully landscaped Gazebo is perfect for outdoor ceremonies. Our Village Green can accommodate up to 200 guests on the lawn. Canopies and outdoor chairs for guests are permitted, but are the responsibility of the rental party. ADA compliant restrooms are available and easily accessible.
Pictures of Church, Gazebo and Grounds
Where History Lives and Happily Ever After Begins…
Other Troy Historic Village features for your wedding event:
- Parking is free and two on-site parking lots accommodate 48 vehicles. Overflow parking with access to the Village is available along Lange Street (on the north side of the Village). Arrange to use these spaces when you book your event.
- A heated/air-conditioned room in the Parsonage is provided for the bride and her attendants before the ceremony.
- All ten historic buildings are ADA-accessible and remain open before and following the ceremony for wedding guests to explore and enjoy.
- A vendor referral schedule is available for bridal services (with a signed rental contract) if other arrangements for vendors have not already been made. This includes a list of officiants available to perform the ceremony if the couple does not have one in mind. It is the responsibility of the rental party to obtain and coordinate these services with the vendor and Village Staff.
- A Troy Historic Village staff member is available for questions prior to the event date. A facility attendant of the Village Staff is alsoremain on-site during the entire event to answer questions and provide assistance if necessary.
- Couples may reserve the Village for photographs even if their wedding is held elsewhere. Indoor and outdoor photos are permitted. Artifacts may not be moved or used as props, but the Troy Historic Village staff can provide some reproductions for creative poses, upon request and approval prior to the photo session date.
Payment Policy for Weddings and Wedding Photography
Reserving the Date:
To reserve your date at the Troy Historic Village for a wedding, the bridal couple or their representative must meet with a Troy Historic Village representative, sign a Wedding Facility Rental Agreement and provide a $200 security deposit. Deposits may be paid by cash, check or credit card. All checks are payable to the Troy Historical Society.
- Church/Indoor Weddings: The Church may be rented out for a wedding. This provides the bridal party use of the site for a one hour rehearsal and up to four hours the day of the wedding. This cost cannot be prorated. The total rental fee is due 60 days before the wedding and may be paid by cash, check, or credit card, payable to the Troy Historical Society. If the Wedding Agreement is signed within 60 days of the event, both the deposit and fee are due at signing. See the link below to view our rental rate schedule.
- Gazebo/Outdoor Weddings: If your desired wedding is an outdoor event, the Gazebo and Village may be rented for an additional fee over the church cost. This includes the church as back-up in case of inclement weather and the additional scheduling and coordination required by our staff with the bridal party and vendors for rental equipment such as a canopy, chairs, sound systems, etc. See the link below to view our rental rate schedule.
- Holiday Premiums: There is a premium fee for weddings scheduled within any three-day holiday weekend, including Easter, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, or the weekend following Thanksgiving and the five days between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Additional custodial or staff time for holiday events is charged at an hourly rate. (Please note that events are not scheduled on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day).
- Security Deposit Return: The security deposit will be refunded after the event if no additional charges are incurred. Any custodial service or staff time (beyond the scheduled five total hours) will be charged against the deposit on an hourly basis. The rental party also assumes financial responsibility for any damages to buildings, furnishings, the grounds or artifacts, and these charges will be deducted from the deposit.
- Other Information:
- Rental parties who wish to use the Village for a longer event, or who schedule an outdoor reception, are charged an additional fee for each additional hour, including time for set-up and clean-up. Rental parties must use tents and furnishings from approved rental agencies and retain their own caterers.
- The rental party forfeits the deposit and event fees if the event is cancelled within 59 days of the event.
- There are no discounts provided to those living or working in the City of Troy.
- Couples whose wedding is held elsewhere may reserve the Troy Historic Village for a photo session. Please see our Photography Rental Link for details.
General Wedding Policies:
- We ask that all guests respect the Troy Historic Village as a unique site that preserves history and heritage, and refrain from eating or drinking (except water) in the buildings. The Village and buildings are smoke- and alcohol-free environments. Guests may blow bubbles outdoors, but are asked not to release balloons, throw rice, confetti, flower petals or bird seed.
- The bridal party should expect to arrive at the Village fully dressed for the wedding, and the Parsonage building used as a holding area only. If a room for dressing is preferred, the Village has a separate room in the main building for the bridal party to change. There is an additional fee for the use of this room.
- We respect your special event and to that end dedicate the Village to you for your wedding. We therefore do not schedule multiple weddings on the same weekend so that the bridal couple can relax and enjoy their event.
For more information regarding a potential wedding, please call the Village at 248-524-3571 to speak to our business manager, or complete the form below for an email inquiry.
Weddings | Family & Special Events | Business & Organizations | Photography Sessions